Steps for Enrollment:
- Submit an application
- Be contacted by Academic Advisor See steps 3 &4 for Summer Application processes– This will likely be the teacher your student would work with during the school year, however in some cases it may not be.
- Complete the Orientation course - The course contains general information about our online platform and gives our staff an accurate picture of a student’s ability to maneuver and successfully progress in online education. There is an assessment at the end of this course, applicants must achieve a minimum score of 70% to be considered for enrollment. As online learning is not necessarily a good fit for every student, this course will help both you and the Explorer staff determine the best educational placement for a student.
- Middle and HS: Applications received before June 10 will be processed and completed before the end of the school year. Applications received after June 10 will be processed periodically through the summer. However, the orientation course will not begin until August 15 and the application process will be completed when teachers return to school the week of August 29, 2022.
- Elementary Students: Applications received before June 17th will be contacted/processed before the teacher leaves for summer. Due to the need to order curriculum, applications received after the 17th of June will be processed and families will be contacted throughout the summer (usually within a week or two of an application being received).
- Applications will be processed in the order they were received. If a grade level becomes full we will post it on our website.
We thank you for your interest in Explorer Academy and we look forward to working with you.