- Backpacks for Kids
- Community Resources
- Make a Donation
- Intent to Home School (Home-Based Instruction)
The Backpacks for Kids Food Program helps feed children from financially struggling homes. Each week a team of volunteers at First Christian Church fill more than 300 backpacks with food. The packs are then delivered to the schools and The Boys and Girls Club to be sent home on Fridays with the children who need them most. The children return the empty packs on Mondays, and Backpacks for Kids volunteers pick them up and refill them. Backpack food programs have been shown to increase attendance, decrease behavior problems, improve concentration abilities and improve academic achievement.
* Please note during the COVID-19 school closure, pick up is at First Christian Church on Wednesdays from 11:00 am - 1:00 pm.
* Donations & Questions: Call Teri Goodwin at 360-340-5692
Please contact our School Office Coordinator Assistant:
Deborah White at email@example.com or (360) 443.3605 or
Visit: skschools.org/live-sk/backpacks-for-kids for more information about the program.
Individuals or groups may desire to make cash donations to a school, either to be used at the discretion of the school or for a special purpose. Funding of the instructional program is a responsibility of the School Board, and outside contributions serve to enhance and extend the program of the school rather than provide basic resources.
- Individuals or organizations desiring to make a monetary grant will meet with school officials regarding the intended use of the grant in advance of making the contribution.
- All contributions shall be recorded on forms designated by the Superintendent or designee and shall state the amount and intended purpose. Monetary grants equal to or less than $1,000 may be accepted by the Superintendent. Monetary grants in excess of $1,000 shall be presented to the Superintendent' Office for Board consideration and approval.
- All monetary grants shall be deposited as district revenue and spent using established purchasing procedures.
Please download and complete the Monetary Gifts Form 385 linked above and return it to the school where you wish to make your donation.
Monetary Donations for Technology
It is preferable that monetary donations are given to support technology purchases. This helps schools order equipment that is compatible with other supporting systems. In the case of Apple iOS devices, if the units are not purchased by the district directly, classroom management functionality is limited.
Equipment & Supply Donations
For donations such as computers, books, musical instruments, school supplies, and other used items in good condition, download and complete the Donation Form 386 and return it to the school that should receive the donation.
In accordance with district policy 4610, donations of computer equipment are accepted if the equipment is:
- three (3) years old or newer, and
- is approved by the ITS department
After consulting with the IT Support Specialist assigned to the school, the tech liaison or office staff can complete a Form 386 (Equipment and Materials Donation Agreement) and submit to their school or department administrator for approval.
ALL donations must be approved by the Board of Directors before taking possession of the equipment.
Please remember schools/departments are responsible for any additional costs, such as operating system licenses, application software, and any additional hardware.
We are thankful to welcome volunteers back on campus for the 2021-22 school year. Volunteers must be vaccinated.
- Volunteers with background check clearance should coordinate service time with the Volunteer Coordinator at the school.
- When volunteers arrive on campus, they must have a current application on file, provide verification of their COVID-19 vaccination (photo or actual card), and photo ID.
- Volunteers must complete the sign in sheet with specific note about where they will be serving. This information will be used for contact tracing in the event of a potential exposure.