Skyward Family Access
Skyward Family Access gives you the ability to view your student’s academic progress and attendance, communicate with teachers via secure messaging, request demographic changes electronically, and much more!
Family Access is conveniently accessed over the internet using a secure Login ID assigned to you by the school’s main office.
Areas in Family Access will differ slightly depending on if your student is in elementary, middle, or high school.
Logging in to Family Access
Click anywhere you see this logo on our website:
Click on icon
When logging in for the first time, use the Login ID provided to you by your student’s school and click “Forgot your Login/Password” to create your password.
Once you have successfully logged in, you will get a page asking for your email address. Click the blue hyperlink that says “Account” to enter an email address. This will allow you to retrieve your password should you forget it in the future and also makes your email address available to your student’s teachers.
More Than One Student
If you have more than one student in the South Kitsap School District, click on the arrow next to All Students(located directly under the Family Access header). You may choose between your students here.
Home –Allows you to view messages posted by the school. If you have unread messages, a link appears that states “You have unread messages” at the top of the Home page.
- New Student Pre-Registration – Allows you to enroll a new student in the South Kitsap School District (e.g., a kindergarten sibling)
- Annual Verification and Acknowledgement – This tab is available for a short period of time at the beginning of the school year and is used to verify student information and document your acknowledgement and understanding of the SKSD Attendance Policies and your Rights and Responsibilities.
- Calendar –Displays upcoming events in chronological order. The calendar is also visible on the far right side of the home tab.
- Gradebook – View your student’s current year Gradebook data for all classes.
- Attendance – View your student’s tardies and absences here. You may also enter an absence request here.
- Student Info – View demographic, family, emergency contact and other student-specific information.
- Schedule – View your student’s current and next year schedules.
- Activities – View your student’s current year activities (e.g., softball, ASB, etc.)
- Educational Milestones – View your student’s assigned and completed Educational Milestones.
- Graduation Requirements – View your student’s progress towards meeting Coursework Requirement Areas according to their Graduation Plan.
- Report Cards/Attachments – View your student’s report cards and other documents (such as attendance letters)
- Skylert – Manage subscriptions to receive General, Emergency, and/or Attendance notifications from the school. Update your phone numbers and email address here.
- Health Info – Displays your student’s vaccination records (as provided by you)
- Login History – Allows you to view a history of the times you have signed in to Family Access.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What if my information is incorrect?
A: Primary phone numbers, home and work phone numbers, and email addresses can be updated through the Skylert tab. To change or correct any other information, please contact your student’s school.
Q: What if I forget my password?
A: If you forget your password, please click on the ‘Forgot Login/Password’ link on the Skyward Family Access home page. If you did not enter an email address, you will need to go, in person, to the school to retrieve your password.
Q: Should I let my student use my account to see their information?
A: Students have their own access via Skyward Student Access. They are able to access the Student Portal from the district’s website- www.skschools.org
LINKS to useful "HOW TO" Guides!